Ok. Last week some time my pseudo sister-in-law shared an article about beef stroganoff with meatballs and it looked so good except for all the meat and whole milk. Lol. I posted in her comments that I was going to make the vegetarian version. So tonight, after my first day back in the salon, I made it happen. The prep time is literally 10 minutes and the cook time is about 15.
What you need:
1 16-ounce package egg noodles
1 pack Gardein classic meatless Meatballs
1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1 cube Onion buillion
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cup coconut milk, divided
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup fresh spinach
Salt & pepper
What to do:
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add onions & garlic to the pan and season liberally with salt & pepper. Sauté until translucent and soft – about 5 minutes – stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetable broth, 1½ cups of coconut milk, bouillon and Worcestershire sauce to the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining coconut milk and flour. Whisk into the pan.
- Add the meatballs the pan and simmer until the are cooked thoroughly per the instructions on the packet.
- Toss the noodles to coat evenly with the sauce. toss in fresh spinach. Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper and serve!
Winner, winner. Vegetarian dinner!Pin It